TE1 PRODUCTIONS

A perspective on the Life, the Music and the Man. GET INVOLVED!!!!




Friday 12 February 2010

HOME GROWN

What's up folks....How's it going?

Thought I'd come by and drop some music on ya, for an up and coming act I have the GREAT pleasure of working with "L" & Krime.

These two guys I've known for a very long time. One of which ["L"] I've known and grown with all my life and looking back growing up with him and all my other generation on the estate, though distant now, was one the most memorable experiences EVER. For the longest time I've always been a fan of "L"'s MC technique and would always look forward to the next tape he'd come out with, when he was with the crew "2 Good 2 B True" [personally I felt they were one of the best crews out there on the Garage scene].



When I first started making Hip-Hop music it was always a plan of mine to work with the guys in the flats; 1 because they were talented and 2 because I wanted to share my talents in a place where it grew. It's funny talking about it now, but when I look back, making music, growing up where I did seemed inevitable. The parties, the summer time boombox in the playground, the barbeques.....all relevant because it was a musical affair.*sighs*.....OK, OK I'm sidetracking....

I first gave "L" some beats on tape when I started working on them in the Avenues Youth Project. Back then I knew nothing of recording and ways to even put music out. I just knew I was really passionate about making music, as we all were back then and I was under the naive impression that making a really good demo with really good music would be enough to get somewhere. Nothing ever really happened.

Due to procrastination, unfortunate events and education pursuits everything just sort of fizzled out, though if i ever saw "L" we'd always talk about it....You know how it goes... "Yeah, yeah that beat was heavy, we gotta link up soon man", and the standard reply, " Yeah definitly, soon man". That actually went on for YEARS ....LOL!!!!

So we forward a few years to NOW. With all the experience I've acquired over time in terms of recording and producing my own music, it was the perfect time to reconnect with the "fam" given that all the distractions were out of the way. This brought my attention to "Krime", a quiet youngster living across the road from the estate [so i thought anyway]. I never really knew too much about him, but it would always be that "familiar face" nod you'd give someone when you saw them on your estate with the occasional "Wha gwan?", followed by "yeah, cool man". It came to my knowledge that "L" had been helping him with the writing skills over the years and he was very talented.

It's been about 4 months now since we all got together and in that time we've made some HEAT [if I do say so myself]!!!!! Good music, good lyrics, good vibes. One track in particular we thought we'd put a little promo video to, just to create a little buzz...

So here it is guys "L" & Krime - On My Own featuring a close friend of mine on the harmony vocals, J. Stanley.......ENJOY!!!!! AND GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment